We have multiple lessons for a variety of ages in our digital subscription to help you find what works best for your family. Our goal is to help families come closer to Christ and we’ve worked really hard on providing more options to help families implement Come Follow Me in their home.
Toddler Come Follow Me Activity
- Read 2 Corinthians 9:6-7. Explain that it is always good to serve other but it is better to do it cheerfully. Provide some examples that are fitting for your family of being a cheerful giver and not being a cheerful giver. Do a chore cheerfully as a family. Then color the coloring page.
- Have fun as a family as you serve cheerfully around your house while doing a scavenger hunt. Set up the treasure hunt for your family ahead of time. At the end ask what their favorite act of service was.
- In 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 we read about Paul praying to Heavenly Father for help with hard things. Instead of removing the thorn from Paul God gives him the strength to handle it. Let each child do the rose and thorn activity. Then sing together “A Child’s Prayer” (Children’s Songbook pg 12).
Elementary Come Follow Me Activities
This week’s lesson is formatted a little differently. We are focusing on 2 Corinthians 8:1-15 and 9:5:15 about cheerfully serving those in need.
Kick off your week with a lesson about serving others. Discuss questions like What does it mean to serve others? What does it mean to do so cheerfully? How can we do this in our lives?
Color the coloring page and set some goals as a family. We have provided a secret service kit that you can use throughout the week. Some ideas to use this kit include:
- Giving each person a secret service badge and magnifying glass that they can use that day or all week.
- Write secret notes to each other with a UV pen.
- Sign a secret note with a fingerprint using an ink pad.
- Cut out the tickets and let members of your family give them to another member of the family when they see them serving someone this week. Ex. sibling helping pick up your toys.
- Write the acts of service you spy on the back of a ticket and read them as a family at the end of the week.
40 Ways to Serve Your Family
We’ve also provided a list of 40 ways to serve your family. Post this on your fridge or somewhere it can be seen often to help give your family ideas on how to serve.
These are just two of the six fun, creative, and engaging activities for this week’s Come Follow Me FHE lesson. See your lesson plan page and materials for more activities and QR codes to videos and songs that go along with what we are learning about this week!
Come Follow Me Teen Lessons
Each week the Come Follow Me Teen Lesson includes 4 discussion questions, a challenge, QR code to a video made by experienced Seminary teachers, and a scripture print to print off and display.
Come Follow Me Merry Mail For September
The merry mail will only be available in your account during the current month, September 1st-30th.
Not a subscriber? Missed saving the file while it was available in your account? Don’t worry! You can purchase it in our shop!
If you currently have a Come Follow Me FHE lesson subscription you can access the materials by logging into your account, click on “My Account” and then click on “Downloads.” If you don’t have a subscription you can purchase one by clicking on the subscribe tab on the top left corner.